Uncovering the Best Eateries in Cebu: A Journey Through the Top 10 Famous Restaurants
Introduction: Cebu is known for its picturesque beaches, historical landmarks, and, most importantly, its culinary delights. From the world-renowned lechon to the fresh seafood, the cuisine in Cebu never fails to tantalize the taste buds of food enthusiasts. In this blog post, we will take you on a gastronomic journey through the top famous restaurants in Cebu, where you can experience the unique flavors and traditional cooking techniques that make Cebuano cuisine so special.
- Larsian BBQ: Larsian BBQ is a popular food hub located in the heart of Cebu City. Known for its grilled skewers of meat and seafood, Larsian BBQ offers a unique dining experience where customers can grill their food on a charcoal grill. With a variety of options to choose from, including pork belly, chicken intestines, and squid, Larsian BBQ is a must-visit for food enthusiasts.
- Manna Sutukil: Manna Sutukil is another famous restaurant in Cebu that serves traditional Cebuano cuisine. The restaurant’s name comes from the three types of dishes it offers: su (sugba or grilled), tu (tula or soup), and kil (kilaw or ceviche). The seafood is freshly caught and prepared right in front of the customers, ensuring that the food is of the highest quality.
- Entoy’s Bakasihan: Entoy’s Bakasihan is a restaurant that specializes in grilled meat and seafood. The restaurant’s name comes from the traditional way of cooking the food, which is by using a bamboo grill or “bakasi.” The restaurant offers a wide selection of grilled dishes, including squid, fish, chicken, and pork belly.
- The Pyramid: The Pyramid is a unique restaurant that is built in the shape of a pyramid. The restaurant offers a 360-degree view of Cebu City, making it an excellent place to enjoy a meal while taking in the stunning views. The restaurant’s menu features a variety of international cuisine, including Mediterranean, Asian, and American dishes.
- Top of Cebu: Top of Cebu is another restaurant that offers breathtaking views of the city. Located at the tops of the hills in Busay, the restaurant is a popular destination for locals and tourists alike. The menu features a variety of dishes, including Filipino, Chinese, and American cuisine.
- La Vie in the Sky and La Vie Parisienne Cebu: La Vie in the Sky and La Vie Parisienne Cebu are two sister restaurants that offer a unique dining experience. La Vie in the Sky is located on the rooftop of the Citadines Cebu City Hotel and offers stunning views of the city. La Vie Parisienne Cebu is a French-style bakery and cafe that offers a variety of pastries, bread, and coffee.
- Casa Verde Cebu: Casa Verde Cebu is a household name when it comes to dining in Cebu. The restaurant is famous for its giant burgers, which are big enough to feed two or three people. The menu also features other American-style dishes, including ribs, steaks, and pasta.
- Circa 1900 Casa Uno: Circa 1900 Casa Uno is a fine-dining restaurant that is housed in a beautifully restored colonial mansion. The restaurant’s menu features classic European dishes, including French, Italian, and Spanish cuisine.
- Lantaw Native Floating Restaurant: Lantaw Native Floating Restaurant is located in the town of Cordova and offers a unique dining experience. The restaurant is situated on a floating platform and offers stunning views
- Zubuchon is a chain of restaurants based in the Philippines that specializes in serving high-quality, locally-sourced roasted pig, also known as lechon. The company was founded by Chef Joel Binamira, who is passionate about promoting Filipino cuisine and supporting local farmers. Zubuchon’s menu features a range of dishes that highlight the flavors and ingredients of the Philippines, including classic Filipino comfort food and innovative fusion dishes. The restaurant’s commitment to sustainability and ethical sourcing has made it a popular choice for both locals and tourists, earning it numerous accolades and recognition in the food industry.